Welcome to Sycamore
We are a mixed year 4/5 class taught by Miss Taylor and Mrs Pountain
Our topic for this term is 'Best of British'
This half-term's learning in Sycamore:
- In English we will be focusing on legends. We will begin by reading and comparing different versions of Robin Hood before moving on to read the novel 'Outlaw' by Michael Morpurgo. We will then write our own version of this novel from a different perspective.
- In Science our topic is Living Things and Their Habitats.
- In RE we will start by focusing on why and how do Christians read the Bible before moving on to look at how Jesus was a teacher. We will then finish the term looking at how Christmas is celebrated around the world.
- In Geography we will be looking at how the United Kingdom is changing and whether or not pollution is having an effect on our country.
- In DT the children will be thinking about food for athletes. We will move on from this to learn about the artist JMW Turner, learning how to draw both landscapes and portraits alongside creating 3D sculptures.
- In French we will be learning how to introduce ourselves.
- in Music our focus is on the work of the Beatles.
We really hope your child enjoys their time in Sycamore class and do not want anything to prevent that from happening. Should there be any issues at any point, the classroom door is always open. Please do not hesitate to contact us– phone, dojo or in person about anything – no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. Thank you for your support.
Miss Taylor and Mrs Pountain
Below you will find lots of information that you will find useful about the topics we are focusing on in class, information about spellings and homework and some useful websites that your children can go on at home to practice various skills at home.