Welcome to Acorn class
Just as the acorn contains the mighty oak tree, the Self has everything it needs to fulfill its destiny. When the inner conditions are right, it naturally emerges. Remember, the creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.
Your children are primarily taught by Mrs Mitchell.
Mrs Chippendale is the Teaching Assistant that will work alongside Mrs. Mitchell. Mrs Williams will teach the class RE and Music on a Tuesday afternoon. Mrs Threllfall will teach PE on a Friday morning.
Our topic this term is 'In a Land Far Away'! We will be learning about ourselves and our families and making sure that we all know how special and unique we are!
- We will be focusing on phonics, revising what they already know and learning new sounds to help us with our reading and writing.
- In English, the children will learn about stories from other cultures and traditional tales.
- Reading in Year 1 will be slightly different to that in EYFS. The children will be heard reading during their guided reading sessions rather than 1:1 reading sessions.
- In Science we will be exploring Everyday Materials and studying seasonal changes.
- The children will be learning about where we live and the world around us in geography as well as comparing Clayton-le-Moors and Clitheroe.
- Our Friday PE lessons will allow the children to explore different ways of moving as well as basic ball skills and keeping fit and healthy.
- The children will be studying freestanding structures in DT, drawing and creating 3D clay models in the style of Andy Goldsworthy in art and making music and spreadsheets in Computing.
- Our topic in RE is 'My world, Jesus' world'.
- Finally, in music, the children will be studying Latin and mixed styles of music.
This promises to be a busy, but very exciting and happy term at school!